The culminating results and insights from the National Dialogue Network (NDN) about its 2013 inaugural national conversation on Poverty and Wealth in America were presented during the NCDD conference in Reston, VA, October 17-19, 2014.
A PDF copy of that report is available through this link.
Thank you again to all the people that helped make the National Dialogue Network, and its inaugural effort, a success. Your names are documented on the cover page of the referenced report.
And just to document again how the NDN came to be, I wanted to leave this trail of links to previous posts about the idea (see below)… creating a national scale infrastructure, that is decentralized and collaborative, and that can help the most locally focused groups of people, organizations, and institutions, better engage their natural scale of constituents or members about issues important to themselves. AND THEN taking locally developed materials and inserting a national scale “Opinionnaire® Survey”, packaging it all up, and distributing it all to anyone else, ANYWHERE ELSE, that wants to engage their (other) constituents and community members in a similar conversation.
Contact me if you want to unpack this last paragraph further.
- First articulation of a National Dialogue Network: http://ncdd.org/7956
- NCDD 2012 conference in Seattle: http://ncdd.org/events/ncdd2012
- Catalyst Award announced by NCDD: http://ncdd.org/10108
- Status of NDN award proposal: http://ncdd.org/10690
- Catalyst Award winners announced: http://ncdd.org/10940
- Working group of volunteers met throughout 2013: http://tinyurl.com/NDN-notes
- NDN Introductory video created: http://vimeo.com/71773527
- How the NDN inaugural issue on Poverty and Wealth in America was selected: http://ncdd.org/11527
- Conversation Kit (a “Meeting-in-a-box”) was created and distributed online: http://bit.ly/1iRhhCv
- NCDD 2014 conference in Reston, VA: http://ncdd.org/events/ncdd2014
- Results of the NDN inaugural issue of Poverty and Wealth in America
If you have other thoughts about any of this, please either leave a comment below or contact me privately. I continue to refine the tools and infrastructure of the National Dialogue Network… this is all available without charge to NCDD members. Please let me know how I can help you do something similar with your community — big or small —
“Because We Are All In This Together!”